Open to all Merton special and primary schools.
This is a competitive event.
Format & Rules
- 3 on court at any time (minimum 1 girl + 1 boy).
- All players must be seated during the game.
- The ball can be propelled by rolling, throwing or kicking.
- A ramp may be used to help children when rolling.
- Each game consists of 4 ends.
- The red side always propels the jack in the first end.
- The aim of the game is to get closer to the jack than your opponent.
- The jack ball is white and is thrown first.
- The player who propels the jack ball also propels their team’s first coloured ball.
- A player from the opposite side then propels their first coloured ball.
- The side furthest from the jack plays until they get closest, or run out of balls.
- The end is complete when all balls from both sides have been propelled.
- One point is awarded for every ball of the same colour which is closest to the jack.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
All MSSP staff at the event are enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we are launching our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.
You can follow this event on Twitter @MertonSSP