Team Requirements & Eligibility
- Age: Year 3 & 4.
- Mixed gender event.
- Squad = 5 males + 5 females.
Open to all primary schools in the Borough however there are a limited number of spaces available.
This event will be held over two sessions to cater for as many schools as possible.
You will be notified closer to the event which session you will be competing in.
- Schools will compete on their own trying to score the highest number of points for all stations. They will move round the stations as per timetabled in the event brochure.
- Each team of 10 players will accumulate a score for each game and a total score. The team with the highest total score across the sessions wins the competition.
- For supporting golf in your school please visit https://www.golf-foundation.org/schools/
- To access the tri-golf format please visit https://www.golf-foundation.org/media/1555/tri-golf-skills-festival-pack.pdf
- The draw will be randomly selected.
- There is no seeding for this event.
- Trophy: A trophy will be presented to the highest scoring school overall.
- Team Medals: GOLD and Trophy: winners. SILVER: runners-up. BRONZE: 3rd place.
- Certificates will be presented to all participants.
- Each team of 10 will be split into 2 teams of 5. These 2 teams of 5 will tee off different tees in the same station.
- Each station: 2 minutes practice before 5 minutes play.
- There will be 8 stations and each team rotates to each station.
- The following games will be played:
- Drive for show
- Finders keepers
- Grand National
- Zone Ball
- Go for the Green
- Rotations may include non-scoring stations depending on entries.
- If teams are tied: the team with the greatest stations ranked first, then second, then third.
- The results of the winners from both sessions will be compared to provide an overall winner.
- Results and event report will be available on the news webpage within 24 hours of the event ending.
- The winner will represent Merton at the London Youth Games on Thursday 4th July.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
For information and updates from our events please follow and use the platforms below.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
Safeguarding and DBS
All MSSP staff at the event are fully vetted and enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools’ responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
Spectators will not be permitted entry to school facilities and should be informed of this when letters are sent to parents. In order to safeguard children at our events, we will only allow entry to parents if they have been DBS checked and authorised to attend by your school who will maintain responsibility for them at all times. At public sites such as parks we will section off an area for the public where parents that are not with the school party may spectate from.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we promote our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. Only designated staff and volunteers will be allowed on the side-lines. All spectators are to remain behind the barriers, providing positive support and encouraging a fun and fair event.
For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.