Format & Rules
Each child can compete in 1 track + 1 field event + a relay
List of events below and the numbers of competitors you need to enter in each event
- 80m Sprint (2 boys + 2 girls per school)
- 150m Sprint (2 boys + 2 girls per school)
- 600m (2 boys + 2 girls per school)
- Long Jump (2 boys + 2 girls per school)
- Standing Triple Jump (1 boy + 1 girl per school)
- Vortex Howler Throw (1 boy + 1 girl per school)
- Soft Discus Throw (1 boy + 1 girl per school)
- Soft Shot Put (1 boy + 1 girl per school)
- 6 x 66.6m mixed relay (schools can enter 2 teams: A & B. Teams must be mixed 3 girls + 3 boys in a team)
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
All MSSP staff at the event are enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we are launching our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.
You can follow this event on Twitter @MertonSSP