Format & Rules
- 3 disciplines: Floor, Vault and Body Management.
- Each competitor must compete in each discipline.
- All competitors scores will count towards their school’s overall score.
- Vault: Gymnasts may perform their vault twice with the best score counting toward team total.
- Participants must complete the routines as per the English Gymnastics Key Steps Pack (see documents).
- All deductions, penalties, coaching points can be found within the Keys Steps Pack.
- No gymnast with silver BG membership can compete.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
All MSSP staff at the event are enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we are launching our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.
The winner will represent Merton at the London Youth Game. This will take place at Crystal Palace Sport Centre on Thursday 5 July 2018.
You can follow this event on Twitter @MertonSSP