Open to all primary schools in the Borough, however, there are a limited number of places so book early.
Format & Rules
This competition is not open to students with a Green 2, Green 1 or Green 1* or Yellow rating 9.2, 9.1, 8.2, 8.1 onwards. Schools/ SGOs can check rating at https://www2.lta.org.uk/Search/PlayerSearch/default.aspx
- Players should be seeded 1 and 2, with the higher ability player seeded 1.
- Players are allowed a second serve if the first is not successful.
- Serves can be hit over or under-arm.
- Matches can be the first to 10 points or played on a timed basis where all matches start and finish on the sound of a whistle.
- A bigger racket of 63cm – 66cm (25” – 26”) should be used but not compulsory.
- An orange ball is used.
- Played on half of a normal sized court (a 18m x 6.5m court).
- The net is at full height.
- Simple numbered scoring is used i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc (instead of traditional tennis scoring (15, 30, 40 etc).
- Games that finish level at the end of the game time will be determined by a deciding point.
- Matches will finish either: 4-0, 3-1 or 2-2.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
All MSSP staff at the event are enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we are launching our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.
You can follow this event on Twitter @MertonSSP