This is an OPEN event, however, there are a limited number of places available so book early to avoid disappointment.
Schools will be invited to either the morning (09:45-11:45) or afternoon (12:00-14:00) session.
Format & Rules
- Each team of 10 will be split into 2 teams of 5. These 2 teams of 5 will tee off different tees in the same station.
- There will be 8 stations and each team rotates to each station.
- The following games will be played:
- Drive for show
- Finders keepers
- Grand National
- Zone Ball
- Down the middle
- Rotations may include non-scoring stations depending on entries.
- Each team of 10 players will accumulate a score for each game and a total score. The team with the highest total score wins the competition.
- If teams are tied: the team with the greatest stations ranked first, then second, then third.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff may not be available to tend to less urgent first aid if they are preoccupied delivering the event. It is important that schools also provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
All MSSP staff at the event are enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we are launching our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.
The winner of the Borough Finals will represent Merton at the London Youth Game. This will take place at Crystal Palace Sport Centre on Thursday 6 July 2017.
You can follow this event on Twitter @MertonSSP