Primary Physical Education Schemes of Work
Our Key Stage 1 and 2 Schemes of Work will support primary school teachers to plan and deliver a range of progressive and active PE lessons which inspire and engage all of their students. Each Unit of Work provides six example session plans which link clearly to the learning objectives across the unit and to our holistic assessment matrix. For each of the six sessions, teaching points, differentiation, vocabulary and questions are included to bring out the learning and to progress students within the session. The Games Appendices and Glossaries help to explain the games and terminology used in each Scheme of Work. In some Schemes, additional resources are provided such as music and photographs to support the teacher further.
For Early Years teachers we have produced a seperate Scheme of Work which has 32 Activity Cards to support Physical Development as well as guidance on the 'Early Learning Goals' linked to physcial Activity.
Infant Schools may wish to purchase the Key Stage 1 Athletics, Dance, Games and Gymnastics Scheme which comprises of the Units of work (24), Games, Glossaries and Resources for Years 1 and 2.
Why not take a look for yourself in our
Merton Inspire & Educate PE are also able to mentor and train your staff to ensure they are confident to deliver the content within the scheme of work. Please visit our Professional Development pages for more information about our bespoke whole school insets, PE mentoring and workshops.
All prices exclude VAT
- Athletics (14 Units, Games and Glossary) £175
- Dance (14 Units, Games, Glossary & Resources and Dance Moves DVD) £315
- Gym (14 Units, Games, Glossary & Resources) £295
- Games 1 (22 Units, Games & Glossaries) £215
- Games 2 (21 Units, Games & Glossaries) £210
- EYFS (Guidance Info and 32 Activity Cards) £150
Purchase all 6 Schemes listed above and save 10% £1,224 (saving of £136)
Delivery charge for all 6 folders is £30
- Key Stage 1 Athletics, Dance, Games and Gymnastics for Infant Schools (24 Units, Games, Glossary & Resources) £415
Purchase the Key Stage 1 Athletics, Dance, Games and Gymnastics for Infant Schools and the Early Years Foundation Stage together and save 10% £508.50 (saving £56.50)
If you are a School Sport Partnership or Academy Chain and are interested in a further 'bulk buy' discount please contact us
All Schemes of Work are available for purchase only as a printed document and may take up to 14 days to be delivered. Please see our terms and conditions.
‘This is an excellent resource for teaching P.E. and has many attractive and helpful features:
- A simple format for all year groups and topic blocks which cover the year
- Tips for teaching and learning
- Simple illustrations to explain the format of games
- Suggestions for differentiation - often a weakness in lessons
- Questions for children so they can demonstrate learning
- Gold, silver and bronze awards as simple assessments. Bronze is below the expected level but children would be proud of this and have the incentive of gaining silver
I am sure that schools would find this scheme ideal, either as a core to ensure the full coverage of PE in the curriculum or as an edition to their existing scheme of work.’
Roger Easthope, OBE (For services to education and school sport)
Former Head Teacher and current School’s Inspector