This conference is vital for all PE Coordinators to attend in preparation for the year ahead. The day will include networking, cluster planning, updates around current local and national initiatives and practical sessions to help develop your skills as the PE lead; inspiring children and staff at your school to be active every day and to enjoy high quality PE and School Sport.
- 08:30 Registration and refreshments
- 09:00 Start
- 12:00 Lunch
- 15:30 Close
Agenda to include:
- Practical workshops:
- Alex Webb (Flying Start XP) - Cultivating a Growth Mindset in PE and School Sport
- Faye Rettie - Yoga in the classroom
- Updates, plans and competitions
- Cluster calendars (bring your school calendar)
- MSSP Updates for the year
- Sports Mark Recognition Awards
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please inform us if you have any dietary needs or access requirements.
- The sessions will be active, please wear clothing and footwear suitable for gentle physical activity. Please inform us if you are unable to participate or have any specific requirements which would support you throughout the day.
- If you have your own Yoga/Pilates mat please bring this as we only have a limited number.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- Please be aware that attendance at this conference is vital as part of your school's Sports Mark Award criteria
- The activities and conference will mostly be held in the tennis dome (inside) area.
One FREE place per school (please inform us if you require more than one place for your school)
Covid -19 Awareness:
MSSP have consulted with Merton Public Health and discussed the mitigation measures in place for our ‘in person’ conference.
We are however mindful that people may still feel vulnerable or concerned and we will continue to try, where possible, to alleviate any worries they may have.
All delegates and staff will be asked to take a lateral flow test on the morning of the conference (or the night before if that’s not possible).
Delegates are very welcome to wear a mask and maintain their distance from others, abstaining from certain activities if they want to, this is their personal choice. Please let us know in advance if you would like us to provide more separate seating etc to help meet your needs.
We will ask delegates to ensure they wash their hands frequently and use anti-bacterial hand gel which will be located around the facility.
We will try to keep delegates in groups of 12 or so people to avoid additional cross interaction with others.
Please ensure that if you exhibit any Covid symptoms prior to or during the event, that you isolate and obtain a PCR test as per national guidance. Stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The All England Lawn Tennis Club Community Sports Ground
The Community Sports Ground is located at 216 Grand Drive, Raynes Park, London, SW20 9NB
When approaching the facility, please drive slowly as the entrance is slightly obscured between residential houses; keep an eye out for the AELTC gates.
The Community Sports Ground is approximately a 15 minute walk from Raynes Park station. The 163 bus route runs between Morden Underground station (Northern Line) and Wimbledon Station (Overground, District Line, Thameslink & Tram) via Raynes Park Station (Overground).
Car parking is available. There is also a bicycle rack for those who wish to come on two wheels; please remember to bring your own lock.